Douglas Dacre Stone (March 10, 1897 – February 21, 1969) was an architect who designed a number of notable buildings in Oakland.
Stone was born March 10, 1897 in Yokohama, Japan.
After receiving degrees from UC Berkeley (M.Arch 1922), Stone went to work as a designer for Hyman and Appleton, Architects in San Francisco. In 1928 he became partners with Louis Belden Mulloy to form Stone and Mulloy. The firm soon developed a specialization in designing hospitals. 1 In 1945 they designed a new wing for Children's Hospital Oakland, which opened in 1948. In 1953, Silvio Peter Marraccini and Norman William Patterson became partners in Stone, Mulloy, Marraccini and Patterson.
Pages tagged “Douglas Dacre Stone”
- 3651 Dorisa Ave. (1928)
Links and References
- Douglas Dacre Stone on PCAD