Food Truck Pods appear to be groups (three or more) of food trucks that gather at regularly scheduled times at regular places and have permits.
The ordinance and background can be read here.
insert more information about the history of this ordinance and current state here.
The city has a map and list of food pods, but it's not clear how up to date this is.
- Bites Off Broadway
- Off the Grid, Friday nights. (10th St bet. Oak & Fallon Sts) 5:00pm–9:00pm
- Snow Park Pod, 19th& Harrison, Wednesday 11:00-2:00- restarting July 17th, 2015 with Doc’s of the Bay, Kenny’s Heart and Soul, and Fist of Flour the first week then rotating trucks
- 12th Street , (bet. Franklin St & Broadway) ,10:30am–2:00pm- still around?- on the city map, link goes to CupKate's twitter account.
- The Eatup- (2025 Telegraph Av. parking lot) ,First Friday of each Month, 5:00pm–10:00pm- still around? on the city map, link goes to facebook page, last update was summer, 2013, says "Oakland, we miss you."
- Splash Pad Park Pod, Thursday nights- Closed?
- Clay Pod- Closed- not enough business to justify permit fees