The Hotel Clay-Ten was a long-time hotel at the northeast corner of Clay and 10th Streets. It was built in 1913, 3 and was still around in 1972.
It appears frequently in classified listings, but other than occasional crimes (e.g., holdups of the clerks late at night) and sales or changes in management, it appears infrequently in the newspaper.
In the 1910s it was owned by Mary E. Williamson, who also ran the Hotel Vernon and the Hotel Merritt. She sold it in 1921. 4