Liberty Ornamental Iron Works (later Liberty Ornamental Iron and Wire Works) created the decorative iron work and fire escapes for numerous buildings around the East Bay, including the Fox Theatre and the original Castlemont High School.
They were at 2455 Valdez from at least 1923 to 1927. By 1928 they had moved to 21st and Filbert. The last reference in the Tribune is from 1931.
Buildings in Oakland they worked on include:
- Fox Theatre
- Castlemont High School
- Park View Manor Apartments
- Farol Apartments
- Marlborough Apartments
- Fruitvale Professional Building
- Frank Werner Co.
- Alta Arms Apartments
- Earle C. Anthony Packard Showroom
- Twentieth Century Market (later Oakland Ice Arena)
- Moritz A. Rose house
- Alton-Brighton Apartments
- Club Drive Apartments
- Haddon Apartments
- California Hotel