Mandana Plaza Park is located at 600 Mandana Avenue & Lakeshore Ave.
Phone: (510) 238-PARK
Because of the changes in the dogs-in-parks law in April, 2014, dogs are now allowed on-leash in this park.
The park existed as early as 1930, when it was described as “Trestle Glen” park by the Oakland Parks Department.
In December 1958, the park received a significant refresh called “Just Imagine!” that built a number of space-themed play structures. The project was designed by Amedee Sourdry, an Oakland Parks Department landscape architect who worked on numerous parks around Oakland. His design incorporated sandstone blocks from the razed Oakland High School building.
The park’s play area received a refresh in 1997 and 1998.