Oakland City Hall (1869) was the first of Oakland three publicly-owned city halls. This structure was built at the head of Washington Street (which formerly went to 14th Street in 1869, but was destroyed by fire on August 25, 1877. The mansard-roofed structure was designed by Samuel Busbee (Bugbee?) and cost $70,000 to $80,000.
Links and References
- A Steeple Among the Oaks: A Centennial History of the First Methodist Church 1862-1962 by Albert E. Norman
- The buildings of Oakland, with a section on Piedmont by Robert Bernhardi