Oakland Feather River Camp, which is located near the town of Quincy, California was founded by the city of Oakland in 1924. Since 2003 the summer camp has been operated by the non-profit organizaion Camps in Common. The mission is to promote and celebrate connections between nature, family and community at the Oakland Feather River Camp in the Plumas National Forest. Camps In Common is committed to building community and promoting respect for both human diversity and natural habitat.
Check out stories from Feather River Camp in this fantastic video (starting at 7 mins in) produced by the Friends of Oakland Parks and Recreation.
5469 Oakland Camp Road
Quincy , California
Phone: 530.283.2290 (Day or Night)
Camp Mailing Address
Oakland Feather River Camp
P.O. Box 3229
Quincy, CA 95971
Oakland Office Address
P.O. Box 11061 , Oakland , CA 94611
Phone: 510.336.CAMP (2267)
- Lodging / Rest Rooms / Bathing / Meals / Common Space / Swimming / Horseback Riding / Camp Store / Laundry Facilities / Medical Services
The camp is accessible to campers with disabilities
Camps in Common is looking to hire summer staff. They provide room and board and a wonderful staff community in which to live, learn and work hard for the summer session. Camps in Common will be hiring for the following positions:
- Recreation staff to plan and supervise activities for children and families under the supervision of the Recreation Manager
- Children/Teen Camp staff
- Kitchen helpers (food prep, kitchen “hoppers”, buffet set-up and clean-up)
- Maintenance Crew
- Camp helpers
Download application HERE!
Mail or fax your application to: Camps In Common (address and fax number above)
This organization is listed in the Youth Services Directory.
Links and References
- Oakland Feather River Camp official website
- Things are looking up for Oakland Feather River Camp Oakland Magazine