from 1889 directory

The Oakland Hospital and Hotel for Invalids was located on 12th Street between Jackson and Madison Streets from 1884 until 1895. E. H. Woolsey, M. D. was the physician in charge.

The hospital closed in 1895, and Dr. Woolsey returned to private practice. 1

from 1889 directory

from 1889 Sanborn map

Links and References

  • ad Oakland Tribune January 11, 1887
  • ad Oakland Tribune October 21, 1884
  1. Housed at Fabiola Oakland Tribune June 20, 1895