Pilgrim Rest Missionary Baptist Church has been at 659 - 16th St. on the corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Way (originally Grove) since 1953.
The church was organized in the home of Rev. T.F. Simmons on January 20, 1946. The building (previously the First English Evangelical Lutheran Church) was purchased January 24, 1953 under the leadership of Rev. P.E. Pierce.