Richard Partington 1868 - 1929) was a well known portrait painter.
- Immigrated to Oakland, California with parents and siblings in 1889.
- Established the Partington Art School in San Francisco with father J. H. E. Partington.
- Returned to Oakland from San Francisco following the 1906 Earthquake's destruction of the art school.
- Curator of the Piedmont Art Gallery on the estate of Frank Havens.
- Prolific painter of local portraits.
- Member of the Athenian-Nile Club.
- Exhibited at the Oakland Industrial Expo of 1896, among many other venues
- Richard Partington's works can be found in the Oakland Museum.