Standard Beverages was a Bay Area beverage company beginning in 1930. They were local bottlers for Nehi beverages, Par-T-Pak beverages, and later Royal Crown Cola, with a plant and offices at 1050 - 39th St. on the Emeryville border.
The company was started in 1930 by John E. Sousa and Gerald H. Mason. 1 In 1937, they constructed a new, larger plant on the location. 2
There are a number of "ghost signs" for Par-T-Pak around the Bay Area, 3 including one on the Plaza Building on Frank Ogawa Plaza. That sign is also visible in a 1943 photo looking down San Pablo Avenue showing the Esquire Theatre.
Links and References
- Oakland Bottling Firm Celebrates Six Years of Progress Oakland Tribune October 12, 1936
- New Bottling Plant Is Installed for Standard Beverages Oakland Tribune August 20, 1937
- Par-T-Pak Ghost Sign medium.com November 15, 2015
- ohrphoto.dpoa2.016 Oakland History Center, Oakland Public Library