Top Dog is a local chain of hot dog and sausage restaurants that's been around since 1966. There are three restaurants in Oakland and Berkeley. Three former locations in Oakland have closed over the years.
Their menu includes kosher all-beef hot dogs, as well as bockwurst, bratwurst, kielbasa, calabrese, several chicken and turkey sausage varieties, and one veggie dog ("The Wienie").
- 3272 Lakeshore Avenue, Oakland, CA
- CLOSED - inside the now closed Payless/Rite Aid/Longs/CVS store on Pleasant Valley
- CLOSED - 6112 La Salle Avenue, Oakland, CA (now a Flavors of India restaurant)
- CLOSED - City Center, Oakland (changed to Rebel Dog, and then closed for good)
- 2534 Durant Avenue, Berkeley, CA (original location)
- 2160 Center Street, Berkeley, CA
- CLOSED - Hearst Food Court, Hearst Avenue, Berkeley, CA (now Pizzahhh)