The Treadwell Mansion & Carriage House were built in 1875 for John & James Treadwell, owners of the Tesla coal mine near Livermore. 1 The Mansion, which was designed by architect Clinton Day, was initially renamed Treadwell Hall when the Treadwell property was purchased to be used as the campus for what is now the California College of the Arts in North Oakland. Currently, the two buildings are known as Macky Hall and Carriage House.
Both are listed on the National Register of Historic Places #77000286, with Treadwell Hall designated an Oakland Landmark on August 5, 1975, under Zoning Case #LM 75-221.
5212 Broadway, Oakland, California
Links and References
- National Register of Historic Places in Alameda County NoeHill Travels in the American West: California
Designated Landmarks, Heritage Properties, and Preservation Districts City of Oakland California