R.W. Leigh was an authority on the history of newspapers in Lawrence County. On June 9, 1922, a column appeared in the Daily Arkansas Gazette listing several defunct newspapers. Among these was an entry for The Times. Established by a Mr. Shotwell, it was first published in 1873 and moved between Walnut Ridge, Smithville, and Powhatan.
The complete list can be found here: