Peterborough is home to one of the most active music communities for a city of its size in Canada. In addition to innumerable bands, ensembles, and musical groups, Peterborough is also home to:
- The Bonachord and Jubilaire Choirs
- The Kawartha Lakes Singers
- The Kawartha Treble Troupe
- The Kawartha Youth Orchestra
- The New Horizons Bands
- The Peterborough Children's Chorus
- The Peterborough Concert Band
- The Peterborough Pop Ensemble
- The Peterborough Singers
- The Peterborough Symphony Orchestra
- Northumberland Orchestra and Choir - http://www.norchestra.org/
- Bobcaygeon Music Council
While mostly performance oriented, many of the above organizations also have an educational component. Some other groups are more educational focused:
- Accademia Musica - strings and piano instruction - http://www.accademiamusica.com/
- Building Bands Canada - a charity providing musical training in elementary schools by volunteer instructors
- Bobcaygeon Music Council Workshops and Summer Brass & Woodwind daycamp
- Peterborough Suzuki School of Music - a charitable organization of parents and teachers providing piano instruction in the Suzuki method - http://ptbosuzuki.ca/.
Peterborough has many music festivals, including:
- The Little Lake Music Festival (previously the Festival of Lights) - http://www.littlelakemusicfest.ca/
- The Peterborough Folk Festival - http://ptbofolkfest.com/
A public Google Calendar, Musicville-Canada-calendar lists many events - contact j-beda if you would like to add any event to it. Of course the Peterborough Wiki Events Board is a good place to list things too!.
In addition to those listed above, an automatically generated list of music groups is generated. Any listings there should probably also be added here.