The Richmond City Council is made up of nine Council members, one from each district in the City of Richmond.
Council Members by District
- District 1: West End - Bruce Tyler
- District 2: North Central - Charles Samuels
- District 3: Northside - Chris Hilbert
- District 4: Southwest - Kathy Graziano, Council President
- District 5: Central - Martin Jewell
- District 6: Gateway - Ellen Robertson, Council Vice President
- District 7: East End - Cynthia Newbille
- District 8: Southside - Reva Trammell
- District 9: South Central - Douglas Connor 
Role in City Government
The Council's mission is to represent citizens through the creation and amendment of laws, oversight of the local government, policy creation, and approval of the city's budget.
One Council Member is elected Council President by the members. One Council Member is elected Council Vice President in the same fashion.
The Council President leads all meetings, serves as a liaison between Council and city administration and executive branch officials, and provides leadership for the city's legislative branch.
Council conducts public hearings to collect information from various sources in order to create effective policies. The standing committee structure further compartmentalizes Council's functions into the following committees:
- Public Safety
- Land Use
- Housing and Transportation
- Health and Human Services
- Governmental Operations
- Organizational Development
The Richmond City Council meeting schedule is available for download from the city's website.
Each standing committee meets once a month at Richmond City Hall.
For more information, call (804) 646-7955.