3725 Marysville Boulevard
|8am to 5pm, M-F|
(916) 286-8630; Fax (916) 286-8620
|David B. DeLuz|
The Greater Sacramento Urban League (GSUL), a traditionally African American organization, assists all people in achieving self-sufficiency and equality. It strives to accomplish its mission through direct service, advocacy and education, and collaborative partnerships. Its vision is: "Sacramento is a place where everyone is empowered through economic independence and people know we believe in their future."
- Computer Business Training (see also other technology assistance services)
- G.E.D. Preparation
- Computer Clubhouse
- Digital Empowerment: Summer DigiCamp
- Promise: Teen Pregnancy Prevention (see also other health resources)
- Custodial Training Program
- HUD-approved Housing Counseling (see also other housing resources)
- Supportive Services (rental and utility assistance; see also other utilities assistance resources)
Its core values are:
- Transparency: Keeping our constituents informed and providing access to information.
- Justice: Commitment to the fair and moral treatment of all persons.
- Stewardship: Fulfilling our obligation of building a better, stronger and more durable organization for future generations; protecting the brand; meeting our commitments to stakeholders; acting with an owner mentality.
- Respect: Treating all persons with dignity; capitalizing on the wealth of viewpoints that reside in our multi-faceted community; all contributions are valued.
- Respect: Fostering trust and honesty in our interactions; steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code
See also other local services & organizations.
|This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help LocalWiki Sacramento by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.|
|This article is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the image button.|