The Sacramento Wiki is strong because of the people who help build it. You can help make the wiki even better! (Also check out how to get involved beyond just editing.)
This is a page about what needs editing on the wiki. For instructions about how to edit, see the Editing the Wiki section below.You may also want to check out our welcome to the wiki page for some more general advice about creating an account, and how best to contribute.
There are many different ways to help edit the wiki. Here are some of the main ways, with the easiest/quickest listed first (see the Editing the Wiki section for tips on how to go about editing):
- Comment on pages - edit the page and leave a comment at the bottom. Include your name after your comment. Comments are great ways to share our opinion about a place, person, event, etc.
- Be a Wiki Gnome and help clean up the site in small (but important!) ways.
- Help add photos to the wiki - they really help make the wiki a more interesting place!
- If you search for a page and don't find anything that matches what you're looking for create the page! Just use the button that comes up when you search for the page. Don't feel bad about adding a page that doesn't have a lot of content, as long as you share something that others would want to know.
- Visit our To Do list to help out in big ways
- Add Tags and Wiki Stickers
Editing the Wiki
Hi! It's great that you want to edit the wiki. The first thing you need to do is sign up for an account and username. It's free and it lets people know who you are. Create an account now!
Editing a page is as simple as clicking on the "Edit" icon at the top of the screen next to the page's name.
For your convenience, we have made a formatting toolbar, which is in the upper right which works very much like a toolbar in a word processor. By highlighting text and clicking one of the buttons, such as the "B" which stands for bold, the text will be magically bolded! Common keyboard shortcuts that work in word processing programs (such as control-b for bold, or control-u for underline) work, as well.
The toolbar there is an icon of a picture (it appears to be a small house with a grassy lawn). This allows you to add a photo or image to the page.
For more help, see the Wiki Usage Guide for basic advice about how to edit, and see our Style Guide for advice on how to format your page. But don't let either of these intimidate you - if you just want to get started editing, go for it! Other people can add improvements to whatever you do if they feel something should be done differently. That's the wiki spirit!
We moved to the LocalWiki software in 2012. If you edited before 2012 click here to reset your password - you'll need to do this before you can log in.