|1114 21st Street between K & L in Midtown|
|Monday - Saturday 11 am - 7 pm; Sunday 11 am - 3 pm|
|October 1, 1981|
Time Tested Books is Sacramento's second oldest bookstore. It has recently undergone a big renovation and looks nice. It is very bright, spacious, and organized. And best of all it has an excellent selection of books in all subjects. They also have vinyl records. Several times a month Time Tested hosts author readings, book signings, lectures, and music events. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful. In September 2008, Time Tested Books was voted Sacramento's Best Independent Bookstore by readers of the Sacramento News & Review.
Book store happenings
All events are free unless otherwise noted.
- Yelp reviews
- Sacramento Women's Book Club
- Six Organs of Admittance live at Time Tested Books
- Jack Rose live at Time Tested Books
- Peter Walker live at Time Tested Books
- The survival and revival of Sacramento's independent bookstores, Sacramento News & Review, April 5, 2007
- Withstanding the Test of Time, Sacramento News & Review, January 30, 2003
- Surviving the internet is one for the books, Sacramento Business Journal, August 4, 2000
2009-03-10 18:03:07 The staff here is great. If you are keeping you eye out for something in particular, they will make a note of it and hold it for you if it comes in. —ChrisKadi