Wiki Gatherings are chances for us to come out from behind our computers and meet each other. (Ok, some of our gatherings are edit parties, at which we bring our computers with us, but it's still about meeting each other in person.)
Check out one of the gatherings below, or contribute ideas to planning one in our "Ideas for planning a wiki gathering" section, below.
Ideas for planning a wiki gathering
Check out the Davis Wiki Gatherings page for inspiration.
How to go about planning one:
- Post about it on the Sacwiki facebook page; create a facebook event to go along with it, and share that event to your personal profile.
- Leave comments on active users' pages
- Note it in these places: To Do; Get Involved with the Wiki; Front page; Events Board; Wiki News
- Once the wiki has had its launch/re-launch party: Publicize it in local news? Get it on events calendars?
- Email the Sacwiki google group: firstname.lastname@example.org
Former edit parties
Edit party every Thursday, 2pm - 4pm, in the Sac Central Library
We're planning a weekly edit party in Sacramento! We'll meet every Thursday, from 2pm - 4pm, in the Central branch of the Sacramento library. We'll meet on the second floor, at the tables to the right of the stairs/elevator. Look for a sign with the Sacwiki logo.
It's a great way for you to help share your knowledge about things in Sacramento, and meet other people who also want to improve our community. Come visit, and bring friends! Bring a laptop or tablet if you have one. If you don't, the library may have a few spare computers we can use. Even if you're not in Sacramento, if you live nearby you should still come to write about your community, on Sacwiki or on one of the nearby wikis.
RSVP, or ask questions by commenting on this page.