Wiki Gnomes are users who focus on taking care of the wiki by handling the little things, which is one of the many ways to help edit the wiki. Wiki gnomes often help by cleaning up pages according to our style guide.
Old gnomes may suffer from wiki fatigue and appear cranky even when they have the best interests of the wiki at heart. Usually a vacation away from the wiki will help return the gnome back to their usual helpful and welcoming self. You can prevent gnome abuse by helping out overworked or overwhelmed gnomes. A favorite place for a break has been Bay to Breakers.
- Outgoing Links — Gnomes try to add links to pages that don't have any links to other pages on the wiki.
- Orphaned Pages — Gnomes try to find places to link to a page that doesn't have any links to it.
- Wanted Pages — Sometimes Gnomes will go looking for pages that are linked from other places that don't yet exist. Sometimes they unlink the links on the requesting pages, and other times they create the wanted page.
- Recent Changes — Gnomes read other people's edits and watch for edit or revert wars.
- Photo Requests — Gnomes try to upload relevant images to brighten up pages.
- Seed Pages List — Gnomes try to expand upon pages that are too short, although some might argue that adding content isn't really the domain of a Gnome.
- Add events: Scour The SNR, The Bee and the interwebs to find events and post them on a normal basis. Someone should also post events taken from the Sacramento City Events Calendar on a regular basis. I wonder if we could convince the city to do this themselves?
Originally adapted from DavisWiki