This article is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the image button.

406 Main Street, Watsonville, CA  95076
Notable Dates
Built in 1914-1919
Historical Info

This entry is a seed - a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Santa Cruz Wiki by expanding it! Simply click on the "Edit" button.


Lettenich Building has 36,000 square feet of office space. At four stories tall, it was considered a skyscraper when built.  The architect was William Weeks.

In 1906, Mateo and M.N. Lettenich bought the lot at the corner of Main Street and Third Street (Third Street is now named East Beach Street.)  There was already a building there. They decided to move the building 110 feet north to put an office building on the corner. What is now called the Mansion House was moved by rollers made of logs.

For most of the building's history it has been offices on floors 2-3 and commercial business on the first floor. Often a bank.  The corner of the building still has the markings showing Main Street and Third Street.

In 1992 the building was added to the National Registry of Historic Places.

Related Links