|This article is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the image button.|
Merrill was founded in 1968 as the fourth residential college. Located at the northeastern corner of campus, its theme is Cultural Identities and Global Consciousness. Merrill is the only college to have a pottery co-op.
Merrill is noted as one of the quieter colleges.
Merrill is located on a hill dubbed by students "Cardiac Hill." It shares a dining hall with Crown College.
The core course is Cultural Identities and Global Consciousness. Students read six books:
- The Lone Ranger & Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie
- The Devil Came on Horseback by Brian Steidle
- When Heaven and Earth Changed Places by Le Ly Hayslip
- Promises Not Kept by John Isbister
- Dreams of Trespass by Fatema Mernissi
- Always Running by Luis J. Rodríguez
Students are also required to buy A Pocket Style Manual by Diana Hacker.
Back to Colleges