This page is about the local bus system. If you are looking for the page about the free weekly paper, see Metro Santa Cruz.
|Administrative Office Location|
|110 Vernon Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060-2130|
|Mon-Fri: 8 am - 5 pm|
Bus information/customer service: (831) 425-8600
Administration: (831) 426-6080
|February 20, 1969.|
For a listing of routes by destination, see SCMTD schedule
System route map download: http://www.scmtd.com/riders-guide/publications
The primary service offered by Santa Cruz METRO is fixed-route bus service within Santa Cruz County. They also provide ParaTransit service (called Metro Paracruz), and Highway 17 Express service to San Jose.
Fares for riding the bus are:
- $2.00 per ride / $6.00 day pass for individuals over 46" tall. SCMTD does not allow for transfers on one-way trips (see the link above for more information on transfers). Three children (under 46") may ride for free with a paying adult.
- $1.00 per ride / $3.00 day pass for disabled people and senior citizens with proper identification (such as a discount card)
- $4.00 one way for Metro ParaCruz
- Discount cards are available for disabled people and senior citizens (over age 62).
- Monthly/yearly passes are also available for purchase.
- These fares exclude the Highway 17 Express bus service, which is jointly run by SCMTD, VTA of Santa Clara County, Amtrak, California Department of Transportation (CalTrans), and the Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority (CCJPA). See bottom of the page for more information.
SCMTD has several transit stations throughout the county:
- Santa Cruz Metro Center (Pacific Station)
- Cavallaro Transit Center (Scotts Valley)
- Felton Fair
- Watsonville Transit Center
- The Capitola Mall serves as the primary bus center for the city of Capitola
The "census designated areas" and unincorporated areas of Santa Cruz often have routes running through them, but do not have their own transit stations.
Highway 17 Express
See: Highway 17 Express
|This entry is a seed - a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Santa Cruz Wiki by expanding it! Simply click on the "Edit" button.|
Santa Cruz METRO web site - Features route schedules and fare information.
http://taps.ucsc.edu UCSC transportation and parking services (TAPS).
2009-05-28 08:08:48 There is a big mistake in this Wiki. Highway 17 bus is in fact run by SCMTD but not solely. It is jointly run by SCMTD, VTA (of Santa Clara County) and Amtrak. To state that it is not run by SCMTD is patently wrong. —126.96.36.199
2010-09-16 17:54:45 This wiki is does NOT validate per w3c.org - shame on you! Also starting 9/16/10 starts a brand new schedule good until December. Many routes have been cut back or dropped all together. Suggest not copy/echoing the schedule but merely refer to Santa Cruz Metro website only. —188.8.131.52