Sometimes, you just gotta get some munchies or soda, but the Hungry Slug is mysteriously closed. Or, it's 3:30 in the morning in Engineering 2 and you finally remember that, even though engineering majors often take on superhuman qualities, they do need to eat occassionally. Where can you go? Who can you trust? Vending machines! Sticks of gum go for $.60, regular candy for $.85, bags of chips for $1.00, large candy for $1.25, water bottles for $1.00, and soda for $1.50. Other items vary in prices.
Listed alphabetically by general area titles.
- Soda and snack vending machines in the Student Union.
Also check out Joe's Pizza and Subs and the Express Store.
Also, check out the College Eight Cafe and College Eight Dining Hall.
Colleges 9 and 10
- Snack machine in the Recreation Room underneath the Dining Hall, which usually requires a 9/10 ID to enter (like the dorms)
- Soda machine in the laundry room for the apartments behind Social Sciences 2(cash only)
- Machines are also in the laundry room for the International Living Center (behind Social Sciences 1)
- Soda machine in Social Sciences 1 by the rear entrance
- Snack machine in Social Sciences 2 across from media services
- Soda vending machine on the first floor by the media checkout.
- Soda machines in most laundry rooms.
- Soda and snack vending machines in the Fireside Lounge.
- Soda vending machine in the Crown-Merrill Apartment Laundry Room, across from the Crown-Merrill Community Room.
Family Student Housing
- Soda vending machine in the Kresge College laundry room.
Also check out the Kresge Co-op and the Owl's Nest
Hahn Student Services
- Soda vending machine on the first floor- walk through the front doors, past the registrar/billing windows and take a right.
Lower Campus (Barn Theater, TAPS office, womens center, etc.)
- There are vending machines somewhere in this building. Bring a ball of twine.
Also, check out the Perk coffee stand near the main entrances to the building.
- Soda and snack vending machines in the main foyer.
- There used to be vending machines outside on the 2nd floor patio (through the front doors and then straight back through the second set of doors), but these have been inaccessible ever since construction started. They may or may not be available again once construction ends.
Also, check out the Perk coffee bar and snack cart near the vending machines.
- On the bottom creepy-basement floor there are snack and soda vending machines.
- Snack vending machine in the laundry room of "B" dorm. (no soda anymore)
- Soda vending machine in the laundry building of Merrill/Crown Apartments.
- Drink and snack vending machines downstairs in the Music Center
Soda and snack vending machines in the ARCenter.
OPERS and Wellness Center
- Soda and gatorade/water vending machines in the locker area outside the mens and womens changing rooms next to the pool.
- Soda and gatorade/water vending machines outside the team locker rooms (by the stairs) across from the tennis courts.
- Gatorade/water vending machine near the entrance to the Wellness Center, facing the track.
Also, check at the Wellness Center desk where you can buy Odwalla bars, juices, smoothies and water during open hours.
- Snack and soda vending machines in the Porter College dining hall building in the "mailroom."
Also, check out the Hungry Slug and Porter Dining Hall.
Science Hill (Central campus)
- Soda and snack vending machines in the eastern stairwell of the Thimann Laboratories, on the first floor.
- Soda and snack vending machines recessed into a wall in the main causeway of the Physical Sciences Building, on the second floor.
- Soda and snack vending machines at the far western end of Natural Sciences 2, on the second floor.
It is recommended that students don't enter Sinsheimer Laboratories in search of vending machines. Also, check out the Perk coffee stand in the Physical Sciences Building.
Science Hill (Upper campus)
- Soda and snack vending machines in the main hallway of the first floor (not the basement) of J. Baskin Engineering.
Also, check out the Perk coffee stand at the same location.
Science and Engineering Library
- Bottom floor by the maps, food.
Social Science Buildings
- Soda machine in front of the back door of SS 1
- Snack vending machine across from Media Services on the ground floor of SS2.
Also, check out Cafe Revolucion (if they're open, 9pm-1am), Terra Fresca (the well-hidden university restaurant and coffee bar above the dining hall), the Colleges 9 and 10 Dining Hall and the Colleges 9 and 10 vending machines.
- House 5 has a soda vending machine on the second floor (the entry floor).
- Stevenson Game Room has a soda and snack vending machine.
Also, check out Stevenson Coffee House
- Snack machine and soda machine in the Village laundry room. The laundry room is usually locked around midnight.