This is a simple list of places in the city that are always open! We don't live in NYC, but there's still places to go at all hours here. Also check out late night spots.
- Starbucks at 201 Powell St (O'Farrell & Powell), 3595 California Street (Laurel Village), 865 Market Street(Cable Car Turn Around), 123 Mission Street, 9th and Howard
- Bob's Donut & Pastry Shop at 1621 Polk Street
- Happy Donuts at 3801 24th Street
- Donut World at 9th and Judah.(no longer open 24 hours; closed each day from 2:30 AM to 4:30 AM)
- All Star Cafe in Civic Center, Hayes Valleyish
- Bagdad Cafe in the Castro — Weekends only?
- Cafe Mason in Union Square on Mason — Fanciest 24-hour joint?
- Denny's in Fisherman's Wharf, and SoMa
- DNA Pizza on 11th St & Harrison
- DNA Pizza at Codeword (5th and Folsom)
- IHOP on SoMa, Fisherman's Wharf
- JT's Island Cafe near SF State on Taraval — 24-hr Hawaiian plate "lunch" NOTE: Watch out for weird parking rules on Taraval!
- Mel's Drive-In Mission and Lombard locations on Friday and Saturday nights
- Naan 'N' Curry in Union Square — As of 2/17/08 only open till midnight weeknights and 3am weekends, according to paper sign. Hopefully temporary?
- Lori's Diner in Union Square on Mason
- Orphan Andy's in the Castro
- Pinecrest in Union Square on Geary
Yay for drugs and cheap plastic things!
- Walgreens 498 Castro St, San Francisco, CA 94114Walgreens (1189 Potrero Avenue, at 24th Street)(Castro St. )
- Safeway (4950 Mission Street, at Geneva)
- Safeway (3350 Mission Street, between 29th and 30th)
- Safeway (5290 Diamond Heights Boulevard, at Gold Mine Drive)
- Safeway (2300 16th Street, between Bryant Street and Potrero)
- Safeway (2020 Market Street, at Dolores)
- 7-Eleven (Various Locations)