|2800 24th Street , at York|
|Most recent owner (2010) was Michael "Spike" Krouse|
|1947, perhaps earlier.|
|Cash only (but like any other cash-only bar, there's an ATM with a big fee inside)|
Pop's was a dive-esque bar on the outskirts of the heart-of-the-Mission drag (24th Street). It closed down in March of 2014.
It had one pool table, a $3 photo booth, and an interesting jukebox (Rancid and Minor Threat mashed up against Motley Crue, Madonna, Snoop Dog, and fantastic soundtracks).
Specials (in 2007, who knows how relevant these are now):
- Monday: $1.50 Bud
- Tuesday: $5 Pabst Pitchers
- Wednesday: $1 Hammes cans
- Thursday: $2 Bud Tallboys
- Friday: $2 Well Drinks from 4-9 p.m.
- Saturday: $1 Pabst from 4-9 p.m.
- Sunday: $2.50 Jager shots
Happy hour was Monday-Friday from 4-8 p.m. $2.50 Well Drinks and $2.50 Domestic Draft
- Pop's gutted - photo of Pop's after they started removing stuff inside after they closed, via Mission Mission.
- Pop's is not going away- the owner of Pop's speaks, via Mission Mission.