Brizziolari Creek is a tributary of San Luis Obispo Creek that runs from Poly Canyon through the Cal Poly campus, is joined by Stenner Creek, and then meets San Luis Creek at the west end of downtown San Luis Obispo.

It is named for Bartolo Brizzolara (1824-1881) who owned a ranch the creek ran through. It was previously known as the “Arroyo del Portrero.”1

Notes

  1. Mark P. Hall-Patton Memories of the land: placenames of San Luis Obispo County EZ Nature Books (1994) pp. 26–27