Boy charlton pool is Sydney's best (and arguably the world's best) outdoor swimming pool - harbour views, salt water blended water, modern architectural design --- and much to keep your attention poolside!!
The pool was named after the famous Australian & Olympic swimmer Andrew (Boy) Charlton and is located in The Domain, Wooloomooloo, near Sydney's Royal Botanical Gardens and overlooking Sydney Harbour. The pool is not open all year round, being an outdoor pool and the Pool Season for 2011/12 is 10 September to 30 April 2012. Outside of daylight savings the pool is open Monday to Sunday: 6am to 7pm. During Daylight Saving the pool is open an extra hour to 8pm.
The Andrew 'Boy' Charlton Pool has:
- eight lane outdoor heated saltwater 50 metre pool
- terraced seating with shade
- shaded learners pool
- café and functions
- community room
- therapy suite
- disabled and family change facilities.
Services and classes on offer include:
- private swim lessons
- learn to swim and squads
- training and competition for bi-athletes and tri-athletes
- swimming club on Saturday mornings
- school carnivals and school squad training
- yoga and massage
- fitness classes