1425 S Main St
(Please fill in hours)
(925) 295-4000
Kaiser Foundation Hospitals
Payment Method
(Type of payment)

Henry J. Kaiser built this Kaiser Hospital in Walnut Creek for his second wife in 1953. Kaiser lived in nearby Lafayette.

The original ranch style hospital was only one story and featured patient rooms with floor to ceiling sliding glass doors that opened out to grass lawns and garden areas. Originally the hospital had a pool, however that was filled in after several years. The hospital was reconstructed and most of the one story hospital was demolished in 1996 and the rest was demolished after 1999.

The replacement hospital was built in several phases and include a three story Hospital South Building that opened in 1996 and a three story Hospital Central building that opened in 1999. Hospital North was a building that was built sometime in the late 70's to early 80's and was fully integrated into the replacement hospital in 1999.

The hospital features a 24 hour Emergency Department, over 200 beds, and a Medical Office building which was expanded in 1994.

The hospital gift shop is staffed by the Kaiser Volunteers. Proceeds go to benefit the Volunteer Program. High school aged Kaiser volunteers are awarded achievement awards that go toward paying for college.