McDonald's is the world's largest hamburger fast-food restaurant chain. Many are scattered across Downriver, with some locations even only a mile apart. Most of these opened in the 1980s and the 1990s.
- 14845 Eureka Road at Richmond Street in Southgate. Opened in the early 1960's as the second McDonald's ever to open in the state of Michigan.
- 16515 Fort Street southwest of Barberry Street in Southgate. Opened in 1987. This was intended to replace the Riverview location from the beginning, but it ended up running concurrently with the Riverview location for about three years
- 18787 Northline Road off of Interstate 75 in Southgate
- 1475 Fort Street south of Cicotte Street in Lincoln Park
- 2106 Dix Highway at Philomene Boulevard in Lincoln Park
- 4180 Fort Street at Goddard Road in Lincoln Park
- 10955 West Jefferson Avenue at Chestnut Street in River Rouge. Opened in 2012.
- 20185 Gibraltar Road off of Interstate 75 in Brownstown Township. Opened in 2001.
- 19051 Telegraph Road at Sibley Road in Brownstown Township. Opened in 1997.
- 15405 Southfield Road at Allen Road in Allen Park. Opened in 1993, this is a retro-styled location with only a drive-thru.
- 10945 Allen Road at Goddard Road in Allen Park. Opened in 1976.
- 4001 Oakwood Boulevard at Allen Road in Melvindale
- 9777 Wayne Road off of Interstate 94 in Romulus. Opened in 1976.
- 8019 Merriman Road at Smith Road in Romulus. Opened in 1998.
- 9273 Middlebelt Road at Wick Road in Romulus. Opened in 1989.
- At least two locations at Metro Airport
- 23333 Eureka Road in the Taylor Retail Center in Taylor. Opened in 1995 with the Taylor Retail Center.
- 21300 Ecorse Road at Clippert Street in Taylor. Opened in 1989.
- 10236 Telegraph Road at Koths Street in Taylor
- 3355 West Road at Grange Road in Trenton. Opened in 1982.
- 1581 Van Horn Road at West Jefferson Avenue in Trenton
- 27255 Telegraph Road south of Vreeland Road in Flat Rock. Opened in 1977.
- 3421 Biddle Avenue at Kreger Drive in Wyandotte. Opened in 1980.
- 22172 West Road at Hall Road in Woodhaven. Opened in 1972.
Even McDonald's has had a history of closing down locations in the past. Here are those former Downriver locations.
- 3928 West Jefferson Avenue at Charlotte Street in Ecorse. Opened in 1969, relocated to the current River Rouge location in 2012. Torn down in 2013, site is empty.
- 3580 Oakwood Boulevard at Prospect Street in Melvindale. Relocated west on Oakwood to the current location in the early 2000's. This site is now occupied by Dollar General.
- 18580 Fort Street north of Sibley Road in Riverview. Originally intended to be replaced by the current location at 16515 Fort in Southgate in 1987, but ran concurrently with the 16515 Fort location until this location closed circa 1990. Later a slew of other restaurants, then an auto dealer, the building now houses Metro Shores Internal Medicine.
- 21037 Ecorse Road at Harding Street in Taylor. Relocated west on Ecorse to the current location in 1989. It now serves as the convenience store portion of a Sunoco station.
- Inside Southland Center in Taylor. Closed 2005 with the food court, which was torn down for a Best Buy store.
- Inside the Meijer store at 14640 Pardee Road at Eureka Road in Taylor. Existed in the late 1990's.